Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Sea is my Mother #2


Taught fabric rattles in the wind
Bow dips and lifts harmonically
Spray hits my face, cool, crisp, invigorating.
My body mimics the rhythm, relaxed yet prepared,
As my mind anticipates the next movement.
Water rushing across the hull fills my ears
With melodic calm, music of the sea
Envelopes my senses, the tension of life
Pours out of me like water cascading down the falls.
Up and down, to and fro, I am back in the arms
Of my mother, cared for, loved after, no worries, the pain
In my infant ears easing as her cooing entrances me. The
Sea is my mother and in her gentle arms I find solace.
The ocean’s energy infiltrates my body, immersing me in
Tranquility, relaxing my mind with peaceful thoughts
Caressing my soul with rose petal softness.
My mind feels as if it is in a dream
Flying free of earthly bonds, my soul travels
Amongst the heavens like a speeding comet
Without care or concern, released from life’s anguish.
Only the salty sea spray brings me back to Earth, my
Journey is life changing, even if it is just in this moment.
A feeling so sublime, it seems almost indescribable;
Encompassing me, infiltrating my being at the nano level.
My hands ache from gripping the rigging, I hold
My own life in my hands, my destiny is my own.
I am dancing with the waves, alternately following and leading.
My partner is at my beckon and call, strong yet yielding.
The Sea is my Mother and in her gentle arms I find solace.

No comments:

Post a Comment