Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tears of a Monster


Pain without affliction, Horror without monsters
Awake to the night terror of lost love and kin
Hell comes in sporadic bursts of insanity

Pain in the eyes of children I cast upon
Who wonder why love has gone from the arms and eyes of daddy
Striking at the nearest heart,Tender moments lost in rage
Cancer of hate eats the soul of a once kind man

From whence does this pain come?
The voice of love
From whence does this anger come?

The sorrow that love causes envelopes the heart
A love lost for an eternity
Hence to God a prayer I make, chance redemtion

To step upon the grave of my sire
Who loved to create, but failed to nurture
The source of the pain that made me the monster to kinder hearts

Now I bid to God to rectify my sin
Children's souls cleansed of my affliction
Brave them to be a greater thing than me

If forgiveness comes, None too soon I pray
I will drink it like a suckling child
Without fear, without care

Unconditional love that eludes even the wisest kin
I pass to the next life wondering if the demons will follow
Nights disturbed by restless awakenings, Pain of days long gone

Will forgiveness come from those assailed?
The sign of Christ embedded into my heart
A curse upon the God that made me, The womb that bore me, the breast that fed me

I stand in line with the other monsters
Those that made me, those I have made
We cast angry looks back and pleading looks forward

Can I forgiven those behind me?
Am I lost forever in the sin I cast upon those after me?
Why have I been blessed with this curse?

I am to blame, I failed to cease the demon
But the sin has not been passed to those I sired
For they are of stronger heart and soul, brave spirits

They see my sin and caste it aside,
They choose a better path for self
They are my saviors; God smiles on them and they release me from my pain

Sleep comes peacefully, dreams play like giggling children
I see them happy and their cherubs the same
I dream of father, forgiven and in peace, I feel God's hand touch my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment